Blue and Black
a lost procession with movement & live marching band
wandering through the 21C Hotel from 8:30-9:30pm
featuring: Katie O'Neil, Crowmeat Bob, Dave Cantwell, Danny Grewen & Ginger Wagg
Conjure your inner muse, don a mask and join us for an evening of revelry in support of The Carrack.
The 2nd Annual Muse Masquerade merges the highlights of our inaugural extravaganza with the daring spirit of cabaret. Please join us for another magical evening of experimental performance, tarot, interactive experiences, live poetry, theater, music, art, drag, and dancing at 21c Museum Hotel on Friday, October 14, 8:00 p.m. - midnight.
How do you Muse?
• Wander through a three-storied labyrinth of art and sound experiences provided by Little Green Pig Theatrical Concern, Culture Mill, Ginger Wagg & Wild Actions, and local dancers
• Request an impromptu poem from The Poetry Fox
• Discover the secrets your cards hold.
• Follow mysterious clues to win prizes in a unique scavenger hunt.
• Lounge in the galleries with Tea Cup Gin or get down to vinyl in the Vault.
• Immerse yourself in tantalizing performances by The VaudeVillain Revueand a legendary drag queen Shasta Kola.
• Dance until midnight with The Boulevard Ensemble, shirlette ammons and The Floor in the Ballroom.
... And more details to come!
The Carrack's mission is to empower our community through access to, and expression through, the arts. Just as we encourage artists to take ownership of their work and its presentation in our space, we ask our supporters to determine their ability to give.
We offer tickets at a number of price points to ensure a welcoming and successful fundraising event. Detailed information about the impact of your contribution at all levels is provided in the “more info” section next to each ticket type on the ticketing page. Please select the ticket that best reflects your ability to support The Carrack.
Tickets go on sale at noon on September 1. Please visit thecarrack.org/muse for more information and to purchase tickets.
ABOUT THE CARRACK:
The Carrack is an artist-centered, volunteer-run, zero-commission gallery and event space in downtown Durham, North Carolina. Our mission is to empower local artists to forge productive ties with their community through professional exhibit and performance opportunities.
The Carrack is run entirely on grassroots donations. We raise all of our operational costs before the start of a new exhibit season so that we can offer free space and creative freedom to artists without added commercial pressure.
Photography by Zoë Pictures